Introduced in 1925 and powered by a new 7.7 Litre Overhead Valve straight 6 Cylinder engine, the Phantom was Rolls-Royce's second 40-50hp model.
The cylinder heads were constructed as two seperate parts, each covering 3 cylinders.
Rolls-ROyce described the power output as "Sufficient".
The gearbox was separate from the engine, and connected through a rubberised flexible coupling to the clutch and through a torque tube enclosed drive to the rear-mounted differential.
Semi-elliptical springs suspended the front axle, and cantilever springs the rear.
Braking was servo-assisted to all 4 wheels - interestingly some early U.S. models hod no front brakes.