1926 Lanchester 23hp Tourer
Photographed at the 2018 Bay to Birdwood Rally, West Beach, South Australia
The Lanchester Engine Company Limited was created by the three Lanchester brothers, Frederick, one of the most influential automobile engineers of the 19th and 20th centuries, and George and Frank
Work on the first Lanchester car had started in 1895, which first ran on public roads in 1896.
The Lanchester company was purchased by the BSA Group at the end of 1930, after which its cars were made by Daimler on Daimler's Coventry sites. So, with Daimler, Lanchester became part of Jaguar Cars in 1960.