Loading...

4 REASONS WHY T​OYOTA CENTURY GRMN IS THE COOLEST NEW TOYOTA, COOLER THAN THE NEW SUPRA

1w ago

1.6K

Y​EA, kinda cool. Kinda

1​. AT LEAST YOU CANNOT GET ONE YET, I MEAN MONEY CANNOT BUY

F​irst of all, it is already uneasy for you to buy a brand new 'normal' Century. It is JDM, you cannot buy a new one outside Japan. Toyota does not care about the sales figure so much because owning a Century in Japan is more like achieving a status then just purchasing a car. Toyota treated it more like an artwork then another luxury car. A monthly sales target of 50 units is a tremendously low number, even in luxury car level. Under this situation and the high status, not many can buy the car SUCCESSFULLY. Nonetheless, at least you still have chances to buy one, provided that you got an extra 20 million Yen. However, this is not the case of the GRMN version. Until now it is still a one-off masterpiece produced just for the president of Toyota, Akio Toyota. It is literally the ultimate Toyota. There are only two of these in existence. One in black, the other in white. And you have no chances to buy one yet (or forever). Meanwhile, the Supra is just a mass-produced sports car produced in Germany. Hot? Certainly it is but it will never be as special as the Century GRMN.

2​. IT IS AN UNICORN

A​s I mentioned before, the Century GRMN is the new toy of Akio Toyota, the president of Toyota. Publicly known only two of these were produced. One in white and another in black. However, they look surprisingly subtle. The attention on this car was drawn to the Supra when it appeared alongside with Supra back to November 2018. Seems that people just put their full focus on Supra and forgot this unicorn. This just makes it way cooler than the long-awaited BMW Z4 brother.

3​. THERE IS NO SUCH A THING SIMILAR TO IT

A​ll of us know that Toyota Century is a luxury car, positioned beyond Lexus LS. Under this setting, it shouldn't be hard to understand that Mercedes S Class and BMW 7 Series are not its competitors. Its main competitor is RR Phantom or Bentley Mulsanne. 99% of the time these ultra-luxury cars just put their focus on luxury and comfort. Sportiness? What's that? Well, the Century GRMN dedicated to be the remaining, non-exist 1%. Go sporty(at least on cosmetics level). You won't find a sporty Phantom came out from Goodwood. They will just stick on the word 'luxury'. This makes Century GRMN so special and cool af. I don't think I can't find another sports car apart from the new Supra.

4​. CENTURY REPRESENTS JAPANESE REPRESENTS TOYOTA, BUT NOT THE ALL-NEW SUPRA

T​o make things simpler, Century GRMN is a 100% JDM. It was made in Japan. It represents the ultra-high attention to details of the Japanese. However, the all-new Supra was made in Germany and is basically a BMW. Hard to call it Japanese frankly. It lost the familiar feeling derived from previous gens Supra. The street racers scene from Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift, or those guys in Initial D. All this down to earth feeling was disappeared when the all-new Supra arrived. Maybe this was the perception due to the face that we knew it would be made in Germany. For me, the all new Supra had gone too far and became more like a European car than a Japanese car. It may develop a boost in sales but it certainly sacrificed something in the process. However, Century/ Century GRMN stayed back to its roots, as a true Japanese car.

W​hat do you think? Do you prefer the Century or the Supra? Let me know in the comments!

New Love food? Try foodtribe.
Loading...
Loading...
4
Loading...