5 Fastest- and Slowest-Accelerating Cars Tested in 2018
Popular South African automotive magazine Carmag tested 77 vehicles and made a list of the 5 fastest- and slowest-accelerating vehicles. Note the vehicles on this list does not include the fastest and slowest vehicles ever tested, however it is still interesting to see the results.
5 Fastest-Accelerating Cars
Below we see a list of the cars that stunned Carmag "when it came to accelerating off the line". Carmag states that this list is based on test figures they gathered, rather than simply times claimed by the respective manufacturer. This list also includes their 0-100 km/h times.
5. Mercedes-AMG GT R - 3,77 seconds.
4. Audi TT RS Quattro S tronic - 3,74 seconds.
3. BMW M5 xDrive M Steptronic - 3,43 seconds.
2. Mercedes-AMG E63 S 4Matic+ 9G-tronic - 3,40 seconds.
1. McLaren 720S Coupe - 3,09 seconds.
5 Slowest-Accelerating Cars
From the 77 cars tested, Carmag also made a list of the 5 slowest vehicles they tested in 2018. So, here is a list of the 5 worst 0-100 km/h times Carmag collected over the past 12 months.
5. Haval H2 1,5T Luxury - 13,50 seconds.
4. Nissan Micra Active 1,2 Vista - 13,52 seconds.
3. Opel Crossland X 1,2T Enjoy - 13,53 seconds.
2. Toyota Fortuner 2,4 GD-6 4×4 6AT - 13,92 seconds.
1. Mahindra Pik Up DC S10 4×4 - 14,63 seconds.
What are your thoughts? Which vehicle do you prefer from the lists above? Comment down below.