Car catches fire after driver uses hand sanitizer while smoking behind the wheel
This is why you should quit…
A driver in Maryland learned the hard way Thursday that smoking in the car after using hand sanitizer is a really bad idea.
Video posted by the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service shows the car in flames after the unidentified driver ignited the fire after leaving the store and getting into his car.
“Investigators say after shopping & in a car a man filled his hands w/ copious amount of hand sanitizer,” fire department spokesperson Pete Piringer wrote on Twitter. “While working sanitizer into his hands, embers fell from cigarette in his mouth, igniting sanitizer & some clothing.”
The driver received minor injuries, and the car was a total loss. At least this didn’t happen in Florida.
Five-gallon fuel cans in the back seat?