Founded in 1908 in the city of Anderson, De Tamble was one of the many car companies that were born in the state of Indiana at that time and in the early years built cars equipped with 16-hp twin-cylinder engines and 30-hp four-cylinder engines.
In 1911, however, the management of the company decided to experiment a new four-cylinder 3.0 engine with 36 hp power by mounting it on a roadster to contain the overall weight of the vehicle and obtain better performance.
Thus was born the new Model G Roadster, which reused the chassis of the Model G Torpedo designed in 1910 and was equipped with numerous options such as a double spare wheel, brass finishes, high power horn, additional luggage rack, leather seats and mixed lighting system that used two front lights in acetylene and two side lights powered by oil.
Although it was qualitatively adequate, the Model G Roadster was not sold in many copies as the company went bankrupt in 1913.
Thank you to Valentina Zanola for the cooperation