Despite his untimely death on 30 June 1956, Dino Ferrari left an important technological legacy in his father's company which continued to be used and improved for the next ten years.
It was in 1966 when the last Dino was produced in 18 units, the 206 S.
The car derived from the previous 206 SP. Used successfully in the 1964 European Hill Climb Championship and based on a tubular steel frame wrapped in an aerodynamic bodywork designed by Piero Drogo's Sports Cars company.
A 220 hp V6 2.0 was the engine, managed by a five-speed manual gearbox that allowed the car to reach a top speed of 206 km / h.
Equipped with a 100-litre tank, the 206 S had suspensions that provided for an independent wheel layout while the braking system consisted of four disc brakes.
The car entered in the 1966 World Sportscar Championship in the category reserved for cars over 2 litres and had to deal with the very high-performance Porsche 906 which managed to establish itself in the category by winning four races.
However, the 206 S did not miss the victory in the 1966 season. Thanks to three class victories achieved at the Targa Florio with pilots Jean Guichet and Giancarlo Baghetti, in the 1000 km Spa with the Attwood / Guiche crew and the 1000 km of the Nurburgring with the runners Ludovico Scarfiotti and Lorenza Bandini.
In the same year, the car enrolled in the European Hill Climb Championship by the Sant Ambroeus team. Entrusted to the driver Ludovico Scarfiotti, the 206 S ranked second, behind the Porsche 910 of the German racer Gerhard Mitter, thanks to two victories in the Cesana-Sestriere and the Sierre-Montana.
Thank you to Valentina Zanola for the cooperation