D​riving in Europe post Brexit

1y ago

With apologies to non-UK DriveTribers, this quiz aims to test how prepared UK drivers are.

W​hich of the following will you need if you're driving in the EU following a no deal Brexit?

  • A​ full valid driving licence
  • A​n international driving permit
  • A​ half litre spare bottle of engine oil
  • P​roof of address in the UK - bank statement or equivalent

I​n the event of a no-deal, what will drivers need in order to validate their motor insurance?

  • N​othing, your motor insurance will still be valid across the UK
  • A​ green card authorisation from your insurer
  • A​ GB sticker on your car

I​f you have a blue GB identifier on your registration plate, will you ALSO need a GB sticker on your car if its "no deal"?

  • No - a blue GB identifier on my registration plate will be enough
  • Y​es - I will need a sticker IN ADDITION to the GB icon on my plate
  • N​o - GB stickers are optional in all cases

W​ill you need different International Driving Permits if travelling to France and Spain?

  • N​o, one IDP will cover me to transit across and between France and Spain
  • Y​es, France and Spain are covered by different IDP Conventions. Two IDPs will be needed.

W​here can you buy an International IDP. Select any or all that apply.

  • Halfords stores and web sites
  • T​he RAC web site
  • T​he AA web site
  • P​ost Offices over the counter
  • P​ost Offices over the counter and via their web site

Will the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) continue to provide free state-funded medical treatment post Brexit?

  • I​t will cease to be valid if there is a no-deal Brexit
  • I​t will be valid for a transitionary period if there is a no-deal Brexit

W​ill UK-issued pet passports continue to be valid in the event of a no deal Brexit?

  • Y​es
  • N​o

In its "no deal" and you have a road accident in the EU, can you claim via a UK-based Claims Representative

  • It will vary by insurance company, but you might need to claim against the driver or insurer where the accident happened
  • Y​ou will still be able to make a claim via a UK-based Claims Representative or the UK Motor Insurer's Bureau (MIB)

Join In

Comments (37)