TWITTER | BACO PUBLIC SAFETY
When referring to the warnings on flammable products of any kind, the usual standard blurb of ‘use only in a well-ventilated area’ immediately springs to mind. For one slightly unlucky Chevrolet driver though, the combination of a naked flame and flammable gas proved to be catastrophic.
The unnamed victim was reportedly sitting in the front of a parked Chevrolet HHR van with the windows down and the air conditioning running. Regardless of the ‘well-ventilated area,’ the error-prone occupant chose to douse themselves with an aerosol deodorant, before promptly completing the circle of despair by deciding they needed to light a cigarette. This caused an explosion, the result of which you can see here.
More from Drivetribe
As the pictures show, the Chevy van was utterly destroyed with the roof, doors and tailgate all suffering distortion from the resulting blast. The unlucky victim faired a whole lot better than the car, suffering only potential hearing damage – meaning that the flames burned out quickly before causing any physical damage aside from a very bruised ego.