In 1948 Scuderia Ferrari tried to expand in the racing sector and for this reason, it developed the new 166 models derived from the original 125 S from 1947.
The car, available in various versions, was one of the top performance sports cars of the time, managing to win prestigious events as the Targa Florio, the Mille Miglia and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The fame of the 166 has persisted over time, and in 1974 the Swiss company Felber made a modernized variant.
This company was founded in Morges in 1960 by the entrepreneur Willy Felber and initially dealt with the maintenance of luxury cars, but in 1974 a customer applied for the creation of a car inspired by the Ferrari 166.
Thus was born the Felber FF, a small vintage-style roadster that was based on a chassis of the Ferrari 330 GTC covered with an aluminum body.
The engine was a Ferrari Colombo V12 4.0, managed by a five-speed manual gearbox and combined with rear-wheel drive.
Able to generate the power of 300 hp with 326 Nm, the engine was able to push the FF up to the maximum speed of 240 km/h with an acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds.
Entirely handmade, the car was presented at the Geneva Motor Show and achieved great success among the public and eleven additional production orders were placed and entrusted until 1975 to the British company Panther Westwinds.
Thank you to Valentina Zanola and Alessandro Renesis for the cooperation