Carrozzeria Ala d’Oro was founded in 1946, and located in Reggio Emilia, by Franco Bertani, a gentleman driver Italian champion in 1938 1100cc class, and Officine Reggiane in Reggio Emilia.
Officine Reggiane was a small factory that grew up during the war, manufacturing parts for airplanes, mainly wings and cockpits, and therefor had nothing to do at the end of the war. The workforce was rescued by Bertani with the set up of Carrozzeria Ala d’Oro.
The Ala d’Oro bodied most part of the first Stanguellini production cars and several sports models, plus artisans cars and trucks.
This 1100 was originally fitted with an hard top very similar to an airplane cockpit (see picture).
The design was an in-house work. The car still exist in the hands of an Italian collector.