First electric cars, now electric toy cars are catching fire
A Gold Coast family have shared a warning to parents to check their children's toy cars as the one they had gifted to their son burst into flames. The couple's son was driving around in his brand new toy car for a few minutes before it stopped working and smoke started emerging from the back. Shortly after, the car erupted into flames and fire crews were called to the scene.
The car in question was a model Ford Ranger pickup truck, one of the region's most popular vehicles. The father had ordered the car online and paid abut $450 AUD for it!
The fire was almost three meters tall! All that from a little toy car. They then contacted the retailer who issued them a refund and is conducting their own investigations to make sure no family has the same experience.
The father of the boy has warned other parents to keep an eye on their children when they are playing with electric cars as this fire just happened with no prior indication that the product was unsafe.
THANKS FOR READING! MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR KID'S ELECTRIC TOY CARS
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW
Words by Matthew D'souza, picture sourced from NTnews AU.