Here is the Lotus Type 62-2
The Type 62-2 was born from the minds of 3 brilliant brains (Ant Anstead, Mark Stubbs and Jenson Button)
Do you remember Radford ?
He was one of the best British coachbuilders. Originally Radford had operated in the 1950s and 1960s, and had designed some very iconic cars like the original Ford GT40 prototype or Sir Stirling Moss' "dream car" (Cortina-Ogle GT).
Today, Radford has resurrected, carried by 3 emblematic figures of the automotive world (Ant Anstead, Mark Stubbs and Jenson Button).
The 3 friends have just unveiled their first project: the Lotus Type 62-2
What is the Lotus 62-2 ?
The Type 62-2 is based on the design of the Lotus 62, and the chassis (monohull) comes from the Lotus Evora.
Its engine is a 3.5-liter V6 that can be found in the Lotus Emira in particular.
You should know that the Lotus Type 62-2 has 3 versions for the moment :
- "Classic" (430 hp of power)
- "Gold Leaf" (500 hp of power, with improved pistons and camshafts)
- "JPS" (600 hp of power, with a new mapping system and a new compressor)
The 3 versions of the Type 62-2 have specific equipment which makes them very different:
- "Classic" (This version has a six-speed manual gearbox, and can optionally be fitted with a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. It is also equipped with AP Racing four-piston brakes)
- "Gold Leaf" (This version has a DCT gearbox, electronic limited-slip differential, AP Racing four-piston brakes)
- "JPS" (This version has a DCT gearbox, and carbon-ceramic brakes)
The design of the Lotus Type 62-2 also differs depending on the version:
- "Classic" (No rear spoiler. 17 inch rims on the front wheels, and 18 inches on the rear wheels)
- "Gold Leaf" (Retro livery, "double duck tail" spoiler. 18 inch rims on the front wheels, and 19 inches on the rear wheels)
The "JPS" version has no specific design elements.
Even if the Lotus Type 62-2 is an assumed neo-retro car, it also has many modern equipment, such as cameras that replace the mirrors, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Finally, the Type 62-2 weighs only 1000 kg, will be produced only 62 cars, the first of which will not roll until 2022.
Official tweet from Jenson Button announcing the arrival of the Type 62-2
This Lotus Type 62-2 is the first coachbuilt project by Radford and offers up to 600 horsepower from a supercharged engine.