- Volvo Factory!

How I spent 2 hours at Volvo's Factory in Bangalore!!

OMG,what an experience!!

5w ago

1.5K

Just looking at the cars in showroom makes us fascinated.But,what happens when you get to see how they are made in factories??Won't you be excited to the core?!Well,that's what happened to me!

Today,in the morning hours,I got a chance to visit the Volvo Factory here in Bangalore,and I got to know a lot!So,without wasting your(And my time as well),let's move on!:-

How did you get the chance to visit the factory,that too in the morning hours?!

Well,I have a neighbour,who works in Volvo.He has a son(Who is my friend as well) who is my age(16 yrs) and was a bit dull in studies.So,I was assigned the task to prepare him for the 10th standard exams(This is 2 years back),and his results were gr8!So,as a Thank-You gesture and knowing that I love cars,I was invited for a tour in the Volvo Factory in Hoskote.So,off we go!!

There is COVID-19!What all safety was assured??

There was Thermal Screening to all employees,and each one has to pass through a tunnel that sanitizes them.Afterwards,we(Me and my father) were given a PPE Kit,which we had to compulsorily wear throughout and deposit it back while leaving.Love the measures Volvo has taken!

Now,onto the Tour!!

First thing's first:The factory mainly produces Buses and Trucks.Yep,you heard it right:Only Buses and Trucks.Sad,nah!

However,this does not mean they don't produce cars.Volvo first began producing cars here in 2017,with the XC90.Till then,from 2007,if you wanted a Volvo,you could only import it.Not anymore!

As of now,Volvo makes 3 cars here:-The XC90,the XC60 and the S90.This accounts to only 10% of the factory production.The remaining 90% of the factory is reserved for Buses and Trucks!

As for the Buses and Trucks,it was super-fascinating!Yep,I couldn't believe my eyes!It was really beautiful watching them.Sadly,I can't explain how they are made.However,I can say this:An average of 25 people are involved in making one Bus,and abt 30 people for one Truck!Bonkers!!

What else happened??

Well,I got to speak with the manager,and I asked him abt the future of Volvo.And,the answers were amazing:-

1.Volvo may also begin the production of the V60 Cross Country soon(I said MAY,not WILL.The discussions are going on)

2.When I asked abt Polestar coming to India,he said they haven't still thought abt it cuz the scope of electric cars in India is Rubbish!So,still no clue........

3.The biggest news(Which maybe a Big Lie):Polestar may make a Sporty version of the 2 to rival the Model S Plaid,the Lucid Air and most importantly,the Taycan Turbo S.I'm excited for this!!

4.There are also discussions of making a Volvo Supercar.Hmm,sounds cool.But still,no official confirmation.Sad!

Afterwards,they asked me if I was interested to drive any vehicle.I ended up driving a S90 and a Big 6x6 Bus!Damn,I couldn't believe I was driving a bus,that too a 6x6,with Perfection!I felt proud of myself๐Ÿ˜.

The End

Finally,it was time to leave.I bid Adieu to the whole staff,who were very Polite and Extremely friendly!But,they hadn't finished yet.They gave me a parting gift!(Which I'll be showing in the pics I took)

This has to be the best day in my life so far.I extend a special thanks to my neighbour,because of whom I got a chance to explore the factory of one of the coolest car companies.So,with that note,I'm gonna end my tour!See ya until the next article,guys!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Now,onto some pics

The Volvo Factory from outside

The Volvo Factory from outside

There comes a freshly assembled XC60

There comes a freshly assembled XC60

Yikes,the height from which that XC90 was brought down was scary

Yikes,the height from which that XC90 was brought down was scary

Lotta S90s are on the way!!

Lotta S90s are on the way!!

A Volvo truck's body being fitted

A Volvo truck's body being fitted

All this Bus needs now a good paint!

All this Bus needs now a good paint!

Some tests are being carriedout,I guess

Some tests are being carriedout,I guess

The S90 I drove.Wow,was it wonderful!!

The S90 I drove.Wow,was it wonderful!!

Aha,and here's that 6x6 bus!!

Aha,and here's that 6x6 bus!!

And,here's the gift!Thank you,Volvo!!Bloody lovin it๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

And,here's the gift!Thank you,Volvo!!Bloody lovin it๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Thanks for reading!!Hope you enjoyed my Tour!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Join In

Comments (18)

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Post sponsored by

Things you'll want to ask Alexa while driving
Concept Car Competition:-SFs!!
For god's sake,the SLR McLaren isn't ugly!!
Concept Car Competition-Round 3
18