How safe a driver are you?
Maybe you're a demon behind the wheel, but is your car in tip top condition when it comes to safety?
How should you find your car’s tyre pressures?
- Owner’s forums
- Tyre manufacturer’s website
- On a plate inside the front door of your car, or the manual
- The tyre sidewall
How should you hold the steering wheel?
- With my knees while I fiddle with the radio
In the UK, what is the legal minimum tread depth for car tyres?
According to the UK Highway Code, what is the stopping distance for a car travelling at 30mph?
- 18 metres
- 23 metres
- 28 metres
- 30 metres
In wet conditions, stopping distance will increase by…
- 50 per cent
- 100 per cent
- 150 per cent
How often should you check the pressure of your spare tyre?
- Once a month
- Once every six months
- Once a year
In the UK, when is it legally acceptable to overtake on the nearside (left) of another vehicle?
- A. If you are driving on a multi-lane carriageway in congested conditions, and the lane to the left is moving faster
- B. If the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right
- C. Never
- D. A and B
True or false: in snowy or icy conditions it is a good idea to increase traction by reducing your tyre pressures
How often should you rotate your tyres?
- Every 5,000 to 8,000 miles
- Every 10,000 to 15,000 miles
- Every 15,000 to 20,000 miles
Tyre pressures should be measured when…
- ... tyres are cold – that is, they have not been driven on
- ... tyres are hot – that is, they have been driven on
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Post sponsored by Have you ever used an OBD tool to diagnose your car or clear fault codes?
You Can Rally A Double-Decker Bus (on Assetto Corsa) Vote For Your Favourite 3DT Design! New EU laws have banned Rolls-Royce's glowing Spirit of Ecstasy