How safe a driver are you?
Maybe you're a demon behind the wheel, but is your car in tip top condition when it comes to safety?
How should you find your car’s tyre pressures?
- Owner’s forums
- Tyre manufacturer’s website
- On a plate inside the front door of your car, or the manual
- The tyre sidewall
How should you hold the steering wheel?
- With my knees while I fiddle with the radio
In the UK, what is the legal minimum tread depth for car tyres?
According to the UK Highway Code, what is the stopping distance for a car travelling at 30mph?
- 18 metres
- 23 metres
- 28 metres
- 30 metres
In wet conditions, stopping distance will increase by…
- 50 per cent
- 100 per cent
- 150 per cent
How often should you check the pressure of your spare tyre?
- Once a month
- Once every six months
- Once a year
In the UK, when is it legally acceptable to overtake on the nearside (left) of another vehicle?
- A. If you are driving on a multi-lane carriageway in congested conditions, and the lane to the left is moving faster
- B. If the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right
- C. Never
- D. A and B
True or false: in snowy or icy conditions it is a good idea to increase traction by reducing your tyre pressures
How often should you rotate your tyres?
- Every 5,000 to 8,000 miles
- Every 10,000 to 15,000 miles
- Every 15,000 to 20,000 miles
Tyre pressures should be measured when…
- ... tyres are cold – that is, they have not been driven on
- ... tyres are hot – that is, they have been driven on