McNish Confirmed for ACNA National EVent in NYC
Plans continue to take shape for the 2017 Audi Club North America National gathering in New York July 12-16. A number of events are yet to be announced, but the already busy schedule including the Formula E Brooklyn ePrix, the largest American Audi tuning show Waterfest just got even more event-packed with the addition of Audi Sport’s Le Mans winning driver Allan McNish to the annual ACNA gala dinner.
Filling his new role as advisor to Audi’s newly formed factory-backed Formula E effort, McNish will be in town to participate in the Brooklyn ePrix. The night before the first race, the flying Scot will join the ACNA at their traditional banquet and fundraising auction.
ACNA National 2017 is already promising to make for a highly eventful week. Staging out of the historic Tarrytown House estate on the Hudson River, Audi Club members will have the chance to immerse themselves into activities for car enthusiasts, or simply tourists seeking to enjoy everything the New York City region has to offer.
The current event schedule is as follows:
Day 1, Wed 7.12 – Arrival Day
- Following arrival in Tarrytown, members will spend a relaxing evening on the patio of the Tarrytown House Estate for a group diner in a casual atmosphere.
Day 2, Thu 7.13 – Pirelli Rally
- Members will take to the winding roads of the Hudson Valley for a scenic rally to the region’s first distillery since prohibition. Located on the apple orchard dominated grounds of the Warwick Winery in Warwick, NY, attendees will enjoy a beverage tasting and lunch before returning to the host hotel near the eastern shore of the Tappan Zee Bridge.
Day 3, Fri 7.14 – Lyndhurst Concours & ACNA Gala
- The Lyndhurst Estate, former home of Jay Gould, is one of the most impressive of the pre-war industrialist estates that pepper the shores of the Hudson River in upstate New York. Friday morning, the estate will host a gathering of Audi owners who will enjoy a casual car show and to tour the historic mansion and grounds
- Allan McNish will be noted guest and presenter at the annual gala dinner held at the Tarrytown Estate. Following the dinner and presentation by McNish, the club will hold its annual fundraising auction where attendees can bid on lots ranging from travel to exotic Audi-themed locations to wheel and tire or tuning packages.
Day 4, Sat 7.15 – Formula E Brooklyn ePrix & Night Driving at Pocono Raceway
- Staging from the host hotel, members will be shuttled to Brooklyn for the first-ever Brooklyn ePrix. The only American round of the Formula E series, Audi is a top contender in the championship and aims to please for crowds in New York.
- For those who prefer to drive on track themselves, the ACNA New Jersey Chapter will host a unique nighttime driving event at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania.
Day 5, Sun 7.16 – Waterfest
- Audi owners interested in tuning their cars will want to make sure they stay for Sunday, when the club will head to Englishtown, NJ for the largest Audi tuning show in North America. Most anybody who’s anybody in the Audi tuning world exhibits in the vast Waterfest vendor space, a spot that will also host an Audi Club North America display space and center of a vast event including acres of show cars, drag racing, autocross and more.
This may be all for now, but we’re far from done. Even more events are in the planning, making the 2017 ACNA National gathering sure to be one of the most memorable. Make sure to reserve your space now as you’ll not want to miss it.
Register here: www.audiclubna.org/national-event