This cool little Morris 8 (probably built around 1937) was a staple of British Motoring in the 1930's.
Produced from 1935 to 1948, they were inspired by the sales popularity of the Ford Model Y, which the Eight resembled.
The success of the car enabled Morris to regain its position as Britain's largest motor manufacturer.
Power was from a Morris UB series 918 cc four-cylinder side-valve engine with three-bearing crankshaft and single SU carburettor. Maximum power was 23.5 bhp (17.5 kW). The gearbox was a three-speed unit with synchromesh on the top two speeds and Lockheed hydraulic brakes were fitted. Coil ignition was used in a Lucas electrical system powered by a 6-volt battery and third brush dynamo.
Buyers could choose between a saloon or open tourer.
The body was mounted on a separate channel section chassis with a 7 feet 6 inches (2.29 m) wheelbase.
The tourer could reach 58 mph (93 km/h) and return 45 miles per imperial gallon (6.3 L/100 km; 37 mpg‑US); the saloons were a little slower.
The chrome-plated radiator shell and honeycomb grille were dummies disguising the real one hidden behind.
In September 1934 the bare chassis was offered for £95. For buyers of complete cars prices ranged from £118 for the basic two-seater to £142 for the four door saloon with "sunshine" roof and leather seats. Bumpers and indicators were £2 10 shillings (£2.50) extra.