MURRAY WALKER’S 15 FUNNIEST BLOOPERS
Happy birthday, Murray!
Today is the 95th birthday of an F1 legend, for many, still THE voice of motorsport, the one and only Murray Walker OBE.
To mark the occasion, we take an affectionate look back at some of the more famous Murrayisms.
Happy Birthday Murray!
1. There are seven winners of the Monaco Grand Prix on the grid today and four of them are Michael Schumacher.
2. Only a few more laps left and then the action will really begin, unless this is the action, which it is.
3. This is a very interesting circuit because it has inclines, which go not just up but also down as well.
4. Nigel Mansell is slowing down now, he is taking it easy. Oh no he isn't! It's a new lap record!
Nelson Piquet and Nigel Mansell instruct Murray on how to drive the Williams (Pic: Sutton)
5. Murray: Look! Look! Flames coming from the back of Gerhard Berger's McLaren! James Hunt: Murray, they're not flames, it's the rear light.
6. This was indeed a great season for Nelson Piquet, as he is now known and always has been.
7. The car out in front is unique, except for the one behind it, which is identical.
8. With half of the race gone, there is still half of the race to go.
9. Do my eyes deceive me? Is Ayrton Senna's Lotus sounding rough?
Two titans of F1 together (Pic: Sutton)
10. And Patrick Tambay's hopes, which were nil before are zero now.
11. Unless I'm very much mistaken... I AM very much mistaken!
12. Andrea de Cesaris, the driver who has won more Grands Prix than anyone else without actually winning any of them.
13. As you look at the first four, the noticeable thing is that Michele Alboreto is fifth.
14. So, Edson Arantes di Nascimento, commonly known as Pelé, hands the trophy to Damon Hill, commonly known as Damon Hill.
"Damon - fancy starring in a Pizza Hut ad with me?"
15. And now I'm going to stop my start-watch.
And finally, THAT interview with his partner-in-crime, Nigel Mansell:
What's your favourite Murray memory? Did you ever meet him? Let us know in the comments...