Name These Movie Cars from their License Plate
Can you identify these famous movie and television cars from their license plate?
Recently, we did a family project on how to make iconic hoods, doors, and even license plate replica art on upcycled cardboard.
For many famous rides in pop culture, the license plate is can be as distinct as the car itself.
Just for fun, let’s see how many of these 10 famous vehicle license plates from the small and big screens you recognize (answers listed at the end of the quiz).
Start with the easiest:
1. She may seem “dated” today, but when this baby gets to 88 miles an hour, you’re going to see some serious sh**.”
2. This car (which has had more than one license plate through the years) is about to come to the end of its 15-year journey on the world’s weirdest road trip this November.
3. This car has been underfire for a controversial paint job by today’s standards, but nothing beats jumping in through the windows before peeling out.
4. Back off man. I’m driven by scientists!
5. The driver of this car has been to Hell and back…then back to Hell…then back again…
6. Let’s face it, you want a cherry licorice dispenser, too.
7. This vehicle that mixes several fandoms can’t time travel, but it can sure fly.
8. This one is too easy, but its state-of-the-art.
9. If you don’t recognize this one, then “Go back to Jersey, ya moron!”
10. Here’s a recent one that went on an epic quest complete with brotherly bonding and some "dad pants. "
How did you do? Here’s the answers:
1. Doc Brown’s DMC DeLorean (Back to the Future)
2. Winchester Brothers’ 1967 Chevy Impala, "Baby." (Supernatural)
3. Bo and Luke Duke’s 1969 Dodge Charger, the “General Lee” (Dukes of Hazard)
4. Ray’s 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Futura Duplex (Ghostbusters)
5. Lucifer Morningstar’s 1962 C1 Corvette (Lucifer)
6. Garth’s 1976 AMC Pacer, the “Mirth Mobile” (Wayne’s World)
7. Wade Watts’s modified DMC DeLorean, “Ecto 88” (Ready Player One)
8. Michael Knight’s 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, "KITT." Fun fact: It was a 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR in the reboot. (Knight Rider)
9. Ghost of Christmas Past’s 1978 Checker Taxi Cab (Scrooged)
10. Barley Lightfoot’s custom van, modeled loosely from a circa 1970s Chevy/GMC van (Onward)
Let me know how you did in the comments below. Also, what other famous car license plates deserve a shoutout?