Personality Quiz: What's your motoring IQ?
How often do you check your oil?
Why is engine oil important?
- It lubricates the engine's moving parts
- It lubricates the driveshaft
- It keeps the radiator hot
In dry conditions, should drivers of cars without anti-lock brakes pump the brakes in a panic stop situation?
Which of these is illegal?
- Having an unrestrained dog in the car
- Adjusting your outside mirrors
- Listening to a message on your hand-held cell phone
- Indicating in a BMW
What does the '10' mean in the '10W-40' figure pictured above?
- The viscosity of the oil at low temperatures
- The concentration of cleaning agents in the oil
- Performance rating according to ILSAC
What is the best thing to do if you experience signs of sleepiness behind the wheel?
- Play 'Kickstart my heart' by Mötley Crüe at precisely 126 decibels
- Pull over for a nap
- Open the window
- Drink a macchiato
- Pinch your arm
What is the most important driving technique when driving on icy or snowy roads?
- Add extra weight to the vehicle to improve traction
- Engage 4WD on the vehicle
- Reduce speed and increase following distance
- Use higher gear
Tell me how you’d know if there was a problem with your anti-lock braking system
- Warning light should illuminate if there is a fault with the anti-lock braking system
- You're in a hedge
- You can't perform your drift as well as normal
How often should transmission fluid be changed?
- Every 5,000 – 10,000 miles
- Every 10,000 – 20,000 miles
- Every 20,000 – 40,000 miles
- Every 40,000 – 60,000 miles
- Every 60,000 – 100,000 miles
- Never – it lasts the lifetime of the car