Quiz: Find out what your engineering IQ is!
How many cylinders does the engine in the Aston Martin Vulcan have?
What size of ICE does the Mercedes-AMG One have?
What is an obvious sign that oil is entering the engine cylinders and combusting?
- A decreasing engine temperature
- Blue smoke from the exhaust
- A temperamental air conditioning unit
- A tougher gearchange
What the hell is this?
- An alternator
- A supercharger
- An intake manifold
- An exhaust manifold
How many camshafts does a DOHC V6 have?
Which of these will reduce fuel efficiency?
- Increasing rolling resistance
- Decreasing rolling resistance
- Reducing drag
- Switching off the air conditioning
Which manufacturer first introduced modern disc brakes in racing?
How do you decrease the drag force on a car?
- Increase the frontal area
- Decrease the size of the exhaust manifold
- Modify the design to have a larger drag coefficient
- Decrease the frontal area
Which of these cars isn't twin-charged?
- Lancia Delta S4
- Jaguar C-X75
- Volkswagen Polo GTI Gen 5
- BMW E92 M3
What is the metric and standard unit for power?
What is an average figure for the thermal efficiency of an internal combustion piston engine?
What was the main modification needed for the McLaren F1 to reach its true top speed of 240mph+?
- An increase in engine displacement
- A new rear wing
- The raise of the rev limiter to a higher RPM
- A re-engineered gearbox
Why does a reverse gear whine when driving backwards?
- It is usually a straight-cut gear
- It is always a helical gear
- It rotates faster than a normal gear
- It is made of a different material than most other gears
Which of these actions could contribute towards head gasket failure?
- A missed gear shift
- Hard cornering
- Revving an engine too high before it warms up
- Sudden braking