Quiz: Where should your next off-road adventure be?
Post sponsored by
How would you rate your off-road driving skills?
- Expert – there's no one better than me on the rough stuff
- Competent – I can hold my own
- Intermediate – I've done a bit, but I'm no expert
- Beginner – Sainsbury's car park is the furthest off-road I've ever driven
Are you a hot weather person or do you prefer cooler climes?
- The hotter the better please
- I prefer it cooler
What's most important to you on a holiday?
- Seeing amazing wildlife
- Cool scenery
- Good food
How much do you tend to spend on a holiday?
- Whatever I can scrape together
- I believe in experiencing as much as possible, so I'm happy to spend a lot on holidays
- I save all year so I can spend a decent amount
What about location?
- The more exotic the better
- I don't like flying so I prefer to stay closer to home
- A short distance is fine, but I don't want to be on a plane for 12 hours
What kind of off-roading appeals to you?
- Nice and straightforward – I don't ever want to have to get out and get muddy
- It's not real off-roading if you don't end the day covered in mud
- Extreme: I want to test myself on scarily steep, rocky hills, rivers and everything Mother Nature can throw at me
How are you with creepy crawlies?
- Fine – they don't bother me
- Get it off me! Get it off me! Is it in my hair?! I feel like it's in my hair!
Have you ever owned an off-road vehicle?
How would you go about crossing a river?
- Drive at a moderately slow pace in first or second gear and maintain a constant speed
- Speed and power: take a run up and drive across as fast as possible
- Inch across, stopping to check the depth every few inches
- Reverse across to avoid water getting into the engine
Fancy speccing up your own Jeep Wrangler before your trip?