Sébastien Ogier signs new deal with Toyota
After last year's announcement that he will be retiring from the sport, Ogier thought one more time.
The six time World Rally Champion, which is fighting for this year's championship has announced this morning that he signed new deal with Toyota, extending his magnificent career for one more year in WRC.
Ogier is fighting for his seventh world title with teammate Elfyn Evans, at next month's ACI Rally Monza (3-6 December), and currently lies 2nd in standings with 97 points, 14 points behind championship leader Elfyn Evans.
He also wants to help in Toyota's bid to win manufacturer's title. Toyota is 7 points behind leaders Hyundai.
WRC standings with one more round to go:
Drivers and Co-Drivers :
1. Elfyn Evans / Scott Martin - 111 Points
2. Sébastien Ogier / Julien Ingrassia - 97 Points
3. Thierry Neuville / Nicolas Gilsoul - 87 Points
4. Ott Tanak / Martin Järveoja - 83 Points
5. Kalle Rovanperä / Jonne Halttunen - 70 Points
6. Teemu Suninen / Jarmo Lehtinen - 44 Points
7. Esapekka Lappi / Janne Ferm - 38 Points
8. Dani Sordo / Carlos Del Barrio - 26 Points
9. Craig Breen / Paul Nagle - 25 Points
10. Sébastien Loeb / Daniel Elena - 24 Points
11. Gus Greensmith / Elliott Edmondson - 16 Points
1. Hyundai Shell Mobis WRT - 208 Points
2. Toyota GAZOO RACING WRT - 201 Points
3. M-Sport Ford WRT - 117 Points