The Best Car YouTube Channels For Analog Lovers
Time to channel your inner analog...
Analog is rare these days. Although, it is safe to say that most car enthusiasts love classic and vintage cars, however no matter how much you know, there is still more to learn about. I have gathered the past couple of YouTube channels I have been watching for months and months, and I have made a list based on my opinions of the best YouTube channels that feature and talk about analog cars. If you want to learn about analog, automotive, and motorsport history, these are the perfect channels for you, if you are simply want to learn more and are curious, read on.
Photo Credit: Cars Radar
VINwiki is a general vehicle history YouTube channel that involves storytelling from many versatile stories and people. They have stories from El Chapo and the Mclaren F1's to the 6-wheeled Formula 1 cars. They include an abundant amount of stories, advice, and car-related stuff. You can find videos and stories from the 30s to something that recently just happened. It has knowledgeable and engaging storytellers and car enthusiasts to bring you along on the VINwiki ride. VINwiki also has its own app as well available on IOS and Android.
DK ENGINEERING TV
Photo Credit: DK Engineering
DK Engineering might be experts in sales, acquisitions, restoration, race preparation, service, accident repair, and specialists in all aspects of Ferrari. Although, their YouTube content does not shy away from their infamous name. They bring us viewers and car enthusiasts on their restoration rides and specific cars they have on sale at that very moment. Their channel is beyond informative and engaging with the viewer, showing off beautiful sports cars from the Bugatti EB110 to the Ferrari 250 GT SWB. Their immense work is staggering.
Gooding & Company
Photo Credit: Gooding & Company
Even though Gooding & Company is a prestigious leading collector car auction house that has the finest and most infamous antique, classic, sports, and racing cars, have consistently achieved record-breaking results and awards at Pebble Beach, Scottsdale, Amelia Island and-so-forth. Gooding & Company are still able to bring stunning videos to the internet to show off their ever-so-gorgeous cars. Their videos might be short, but that does not diminish the quality. Besides, short and sweet does win the race at the end...
Credit: Doug Demuro
We join Simon Kidston and his team on their story and ride of discovering and finding the most beautiful and stunning automobiles in history, while also showing off their staggering work on their cars. From pre-war to post-war to Le Man's legends, Simon has got it all in his garage.
Mullin Automotive Museum
Photo Credit: Robb Report
A channel with only a few hundred followers and subscribers, yet it is a channel filled with immense knowledge and beyond exotic/rare sports cars. After the Schlumpf Collection, the Mullin Automotive Museum in California has the second-largest Bugatti collection. From pre-war cars such as the Bugatti Atlantic or the Talbot Lago "Teardrop" and even an array of Voisins, the Mullin Automotive Museum offers a look and a story behind these remarkable cars.
Peterson Automotive Museum
Credit: Peterson Automotive Museum
The Petersen Automotive Museum of Los Angeles, California, is one of the world's largest automotive museums, the Petersen Automotive Museum is a nonprofit organization that specializes in automobile history. One of the best channels out there. Content varying from automotive and motorsport history, and cars featured such as Steve McQueen's Jaguar XKSS, Henry Ford's 1952 Ferrari Barchetta, alongside analog Mclaren race cars, and infamous movie cars... it is nearly impossible to even name half of the cars in that Museum. However, the Museum beyond amazing to show us and tell us the stories behind these exquisite cars in their Museum and in people's collections.
Credit: Road Scholars
Underrated, yet powerful. Road Scholars sell, restore and service historically significant collectible automobiles, specializing in Porsche's. I found this channel about a month ago, and I am completely hooked. Their content is fantastic, especially for analog Porsche lovers. From fascinating stories to beautiful visuals, Road Scholars teaches us about automotive and Porsche history while taking us on the breathtaking ride. It's like talking with some old friends that share the same passion as you. I highly recommend this channel.
Jay Leno's Garage
With over 300 cars in his collection, Jay Leno gives us the pleasure and takes us on the ride to learn, talk, and enjoy his and some of his guest's absolutely breathtaking cars. Again, it is like talking to an old friend about cars, we could listen to Jay talking about analog cars all day. From tips, tricks to hilarious and informative stories, Jay Leno's Garage stands as one of the best if not the best car and automotive and motoring channels out there, Jay's knowledge of cars is abundant, and we can't thank him enough for sharing it with us.
Photo Credit: Petrolicious
Now, this wouldn't be an analog car article without the icons of analog, Petrolicious. Petrolicious is a jewel and a gem to the car and automotive world. They bring the emotion of the cars to life while also executing the character of the owners in the same way. Not only do we fall in love with these cars, but we also fall in love with the owners that share these cars. Each time there's a different owner, different story, and different car. And each time it is more thrilling to watch these automobiles sing, come to life, and look breathtakingly beautiful at the same time. Petrolicious is able to extract amazing emotions from us viewers and make us fall in love with analog each time we watch. This channel deserves the top spot.
- Carfection: From time to time Carfection will feature some amazing analog videos. For example when they did the Lamborghini Diablo SV, Aston Martin Db4 GT, and Db4 GT Zagato, also including the Eagle E-Type videos that were constructed to perfection.
- Evo: As said before with Carfection, Evo will feature many analog sports cars and supercars that are executed beautifully in their videos
- Fifth Gear: If you look back on Fifth Gears YouTube channel, in the past they have reviewed and done countless analog videos.
- ISSIMI Official: When ISSIMI Official creates classic car videos you know it will be a masterpiece, from the Muira to the 1973 Porsche 911 2.7 Carrera RS, this channel has Oscar-worthy videos.
- Doug Demuro: Doug has quite a couple of analog car videos compared to his array of most modern cars, nonetheless, those analog videos are immensely informative and thrilling to watch.
- RM Sotheby's: RM Sotheby's offered and offers some of the finest motor cars for years now. Their YouTube videos are dedicated to the past and the future, taking their time to execute these videos to excellence.
- Tom Hartley Jnr Ltd: A channel giving an insight to the exquisite classic and performance car dealership. Supplying only the finest cars and bringing us along on their captivating journey to look and learn about these cars.
- Goodwood Road & Racing: From analog, vintage, modern, classic cars being thrown around the Goodwood track, and to infamous analog cars stories, Goodwood has it all on their YouTube channel, you will never get bored with their fantastic content.