The Big Formula Once Quiz
Which of these wheel companies ill-advisedly started their own F1 team?
Which struggling F1 team fitted power steering for the first time?
Which tiny team helped develop Honda's famous twin turbo V6?
Which unfortunate team thought of ground effect before Lotus?
This is living F1 punchline Taki Inoue. For which teams did he drive during his short but hilarious career?
- Andrea Moda
Which car did six-time Grand Prix winner Riccardo Patrese name as the worst he ever drove?
- Arrows A2
- Shadow DN8
- Williams FW12
- Brabham BT50
- Alfa Romeo 185T
Which of these Japanese manufacturers did NOT produce an F1 engine?
What sort of company gave birth to this abomination?
- A producer of refrigerators
- A caravan manufacturer
- A small car company
- A security company
What do failed projects Andrea Moda, Simtek and Bravo F1 have in common?
- They were all based on the same design
- Their owners were all arrested for fraud
- They all failed to qualify for a single race
- They were all banned by the FIA
This man scored a DNQ, DNS, DNF and DSQ in the same race. Who is he, where and when did he do it?
- Christian Danner, 1985 Spanish Grand Prix
- Brett Lunger, 1973 British Grand Prix
- Andrea de Cesaris, 1979 Canadian Grand Prix
- Hans Heyer, 1977 German Grand Prix
- Jean Pierre Jarier, 1981 Italian Grand Prix
Cosworth engines were often relabeled by small teams. Which of these names were used?
What technology was unsuccessfully pioneered by the lackluster Benetton B200?
- Double diffuser
- Tuned mass damper
- Dual clutch transmission
- Carbon ceramic brakes
- Five valves per cylinder
Which horrible team gave current ace Daniel Ricciardo his F1 debut?
What is the name "Arrows" a reference to?
- Robin Hood
- The founder's archery hobby
- The Red Arrows
- The names of the founders
The unsuccessful Scarab is the only F1 car designed and built entirely in its specific country. Where was it from?