The mechanical mishaps in motorsport quiz
The mid-engine Mini of Vanina Ickx once suffered from a snapped throttle cable. How did she get it to the pits?
- She pushed it to the pits
- She replaced the cable with one of her shoe laces
- She got pushed there by the second Mini of the team
- She got towed by the second Mini of the team
In the 1998 Argentina rally, Colin McRae managed to bend a part of the rear suspension. How did they fix it?
- They didn't, Colin just kept driving
- Replace it with the suspension of a spectators car
- Bash it with a rock
- Bend the suspension on the other side to make the car drive straight again
What made the Maserati 450S Coupe so dangerous?
- Bad fuel lines made it catch on fire all the time
- Catastrophic oversteer
- The wheels kept falling of
- The exhaust gases got into the cockpit
Henri Pescarolo did his night shift in the 1968 24H of Le Mans without?
- Power steering
60 cars were present at the start of the 1989 Ivory Coast rally. How many made it to the end?
Craig Breedlove's land speed record car lost it's parachute at 846 km/h. How long did it take for him to stop?
- 5.4 kilometers
- 8.7 kilometers
- 9.6 kilometers
- 11.2 kilometer
Art Afrons crashed his Land speed racer 2 years later and also managed to survive it. How fast was he going?
- 740 km/h
- 840 km/h
- 940 km/h
- 978.5 km/h
What was the main reason behind the NISMO GT-R LM being so slow at the 2015 24H of Le Mans?
- The Hybrid system didn't work
- It only had 700 horsepower
- Malfunctioning turbos
- The pit speed limiter was stuck on
This 1986 Opel Kadett rally car was the cause of a big controversy. Why?
- It had Porsche turbos
- The wheels were from an Audi
- It used the gearbox of a Mitsubishi
- It had a Ford engine
New Love food? Try foodtribe.