The Weekly Formula Once Quiz #3
Modena Team SpA raced during 1991. To which famous Italian brand were they the unofficial team?
- Alfa Romeo
Which car did former Ferrari and McLaren driver Stefan Johansson name the worst car he ever drove?
- Onyx ORE-1
- Spirit 201
- Ferrari F1/86
- Footwork FA12
- Ligier JS31
Prost Grand Prix switched to "Acer" engines in 2001 in deference to a sponsor. Where did the engines actually come from?
The Arrows A20 sported "T-Minus" decals in 1999. What did they represent?
- A watch company
- A brand of tea
- An investment business
- An unexplained venture lead by a Nigerian prince
- An oil company
Why did Ligier lose their exclusive deal for an innovative twin turbo straight four with Alfa Romeo in 1987?
- Alfa Romeo was taken over by Fiat
- The Italian government objected
- The team boss slept with the wife of an Alfa Romeo official
- One of the drivers tore the engine down in the media
- Arrows stole the contract by offering to pay more
What's the real reason Caterham F1 was founded in 2012?
- The company could use the promotion
- A UK government stimulus package for small British brands
- A different team lost the rights to the Lotus name
- Because of the prestigious name
- A scam
The Onyx team appeared in 1990, sponsored by Moneytron. What was the company behind the name?
- A bank
- A credit card company
- A robotics firm
- A stock trading operation
- A software company
When was Honda's first Formula One car built?
In 1959, Aston Martin entered the sport with the disastrous DBR4-250. Why was it so slow?
- It had the engine in the front
- Appalling reliability
- It was designed by a tractor builder
- Narrow tires
- It was just a stripped sportscar
Before winning Le Mans in 1991, Volker Weidler raced for Rial during 1989. How many times did he fail to make the grid?
- 3 times
- 5 times
- 7 times
- 9 times
- All of the times