The Weekly Formula Once Quiz #4
McLaren repeated the flaw of the cancelled 2003 MP4-18 for the dreadful MP4-30 in 2015. What was it?
- Overly sensitive electronics
- Bad brakes
- Terrible gearbox
- Overly narrow bodywork
- Awful underfloor aerodynamics
Which sub par turbo engine managed to grab a pole position against all odds?
- Hart 415T
- Alfa Romeo 890T
- Motori Moderni 615-90
- Zakspeed 1500/4
- Ford TEC
F1 debutant Yuji Ide lost his Super Licence after just four races for Super Aguri in 2006. What made the FIA revoke it?
- He failed to understand the concept of blue flags
- He consistently parked his car at pit entry and walked the rest in search of a valet
- He tried to steal Bernie Ecclestone's beloved pocket watch
- He tried to race the safety car during a caution period
- He torpedoed a fellow competitor
Though very very slow, the Forti FG01 was in fact a special car in 1995. What made it so unique?
- It was made of a novel composite
- It had a bespoke engine
- It used sophisticated electronics
- It was funded by a drug lord
- It still used a fully manual transmission
In 1975, Emerson and Wilson Fittipaldi fielded the strange Copersucar FD01. What was the car named after?
- A copper mill
- An oil company
- A producer of candy
- A sugar and ethanol refinery
- An auto parts supplier
The Virgin VR-01 appeared in 2010. The team filed for special dispensation to modify the car mid-season. Why was that?
- The tires rubbed against the suspension
- The floor kept dragging on the track
- The front wing was too weak
- The engine kept overheating and cutting out
- The fuel tank was too small
The McLaren M30 was the last before Ron Dennis' takeover. Which future champion had the misfortune of driving it?
- Keke Rosberg
- Nelson Piquet
- Ayrton Senna
- Nigel Mansell
- Alain Prost
In 2006, V8 engines were made mandatory. Which teams were the last to field a V8 before that?
Tiny French team Automobiles Gonfaronnaises Sportives popped up for two races in 1986. How many employees did it have?
The BT60B was the last Brabham. How many times did it qualify in 1992?