The Weekly Formula Once Quiz
The EJ15 was Jordan Grand Prix's last car. Which names did the team take on before it became Force India?
- Super Aguri
The ludicrous Life F35 W12 is widely known as one of the most underpowered engines ever. How much hp did it have?
Cosworth presented this weird all wheel drive concept in 1969. Which of these teams also tried driving all four wheels?
From 1998 to 2005 all F1 cars used V10 engines. Which manufacturer invented this layout?
- Alfa Romeo
Former Renault and Ferrari ace Rene Arnoux became notoriously slow in his later career. What excuse did he use?
- "I'm getting too old for this"
- "My neck hurts"
- "I'm used to turbo cars, naturally aspirated cars are a very different kettle of fish to drive"
- "The car I drive now is terrible"
- "My team hates me"
BAR presented separate color schemes in 1999. The FIA outlawed using different liveries. What solution did they use?
- They chose a third unrelated livery
- They dropped one livery in favor of the other
- They threatened to pull out of the sport
- The put both liveries on either side of their cars, and joined them with a zipper
Aside from the Honda hybrid debacle, which engine brand gave McLaren the most engine-related DNFs in a single season?
Stewart and Prost Grand Prix were the last teams started by famous drivers. Who else tried their luck at team ownership?
- Chris Amon
- Niki Lauda
- Emerson Fittipaldi
- Keke Rosberg
- Graham Hill
- John Surtees
- Gerhard Berger
Helped by the raw talent of Jean Alesi, the Tyrrell 019 was able to punch far above its weight. What made it so fast?
- Super sticky tires
- Perfect throttle response
- The nose
- Small fuel tanks
- Carbon ceramic brakes
When Renault officially left as an engine supplier in 1997, which names did their engines get for the following seasons?