This Is The New 200+mph Corvette ZR1 Convertible

1y ago

18.1K

It's possible that you won't like this convertible Corvette. Reason being is that the kind of people who buy a corvette, buy it for the performance. And common sense tells you that replacing a massive part of the overall structure of the car with a soft, high drag piece of material is not only reducing the performance, but ruining its aesthetics and clean lines.

Well, I don't know about you, but this Corvette looks the business! But more importantly, it performs just as well as the hard top, too.

While it's not the mid-engined C8 we are all eagerly waiting for, it is a slight update on the current model, and a chance to get the wind blowing through your hair at 200mph.

It has the same supercharged 6.2-litre V8 as the hard top, producing 755bhp and 715 lb-ft of torque, and while that's enough to take the hard top over 210mph, the convertible can only reach just over 200mph according to Chevy. Oh dear, only 200mph? That's just not good enough! (sarcasm). It's also slightly weightier, by 60 pounds, but Chevrolet say this shouldn't make a massive difference to performance with 0-60mph times still being in the region of 2-3 seconds and quarter mile times still being around the 10 second mark.

It comes in both a manual and 8-speed auto as well, although I'm sure the majority of you potential buyers will be taking the automatic version. But the option is there in case you want to show off your gear stick with the roof down. No jokes please.

Do you like it? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

GO TO STORE

Join in

Comments (9)
  • Off-topic rant; sort of.

    I love it when a 60lbs weight savings on a car is a big deal to somebody who is 80lbs overweight. If a person is concerned about weight savings and vehicle performance, they best, and cheapest upgrade they could make is to lose a few pounds themselves.

    1 year ago
  • The thing to remember about owning a beast like this is that your going to be looking to test the 200Mph ability about 1% to 2% of the time. The other 98% will be crusing and road rally driving. Top down hands up, I’ll take the drop top...

    1 year ago

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Quiz: The Audi quiz to end all Audi quizzes