Top 10 Facts about The Grand Tour
Do you know these facts about The Grand Tour?
With the premiere of Season 2 of the Grand Tour just a little over a week away, it’s a good time to remember a little bit about how our beloved show started. Do you know these ten facts about the Grand Tour?
1. The production company for the Grand Tour is W. Chump & Sons
2. The distributing company for the Grand Tour is Amazon.com
3. Studio recording for Series 1 began on 17 July 2016 in Johannesburg, South Africa
4. Chump Holdings Limited is a holding company owned by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and Andy Wilman.
5. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and Andy Wilman each own 25% of Chump Holdings Limited
6. The 46-page Articles of Incorporation was written by law firm Olswang, and covers such topics as decision-making, conflicts of interests, removal of directors, and errors and disputes.
7. Chump Holdings Limited actually comprises several companies, including;
a. W. Chump and Sons Productions - TV-making
b. W. Chump and Sons Ltd - merchandise and live tours
c. Chump Productions – TV production with the boys as directors
d. W. Chump & Sons (Mugs & T-Shirts) Limited – Merchandising with Ernesto Schmitt formerly of Beamly and EMI Music.
8. W. Chump & Sons Limited was founded in July 2015 in the United Kingdom
9. In July 2015, Chris Bird and Conrad Riggs of Amazon, signed contracts the directors of W. Chump & Sons to produce 36 episodes of The Grand Tour to be made available on Amazon Video.
10. In late 2015, at the cost of just under £15,000, W. Chump & Sons Limited purchased four Reliant Robin three-wheelers as fleet (company) cars for Clarkson, Hammond, May and Wilman.
James May breaks down in Richard Hammond's Robin
For me, I actually find Fact #10 the most interesting. I think it is great that they bought Reliant Robins for company cars! Wouldn’t that be a great skit to see in Season 2? Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and Andy Wilman trying to get around London in their official Grand Tour corporate vehicles? I’m laughing just thinking about it!
What are some of your favorite facts about The Grand Tour?
Keep driving sober my friends!