Top 8 best tech gifts for car enthusiasts this Christmas

Time to get your list ready for Father Driftmas

2y ago

Christmas is approaching whether you like it or not. I can already hear the feint sound of an approaching Mariah Carey in the distance.

🎶 "I don't want a lot for Christmas, there are just eight things I need. I don't care about the price tag, or the added VAT. 🎶 (I'm a lyrical genius)

It is time to remember the most important thing about Christmas… the presents. I can already predict that 90% of you weren't happy with your presents last year and the other 10% read my recommendation list from last year. Well, now is your chance to make sure you get what you want or to buy these presents for another car enthusiast in your life. You can thank me later… preferably with one of the items on this list. (James King - 3 DriveTribe House, DriveTribe Road, DriveTribeland, DR1V 3TB).

8) Magnetic wireless car charger

If you are like me, you have your phone plugged in by wire to your car charger and then have it slide around the passenger seat with the G-force that your little hot hatch throws at it. It is only a matter of time until it is thrown and smashed against the glove box or lands in your discarded McDonald's bag that still had some sauce in it. Fear no more.

You can now get this magnetic wireless charger that holds it in place and you'll wonder why you didn't buy this earlier.

Here's the link to buy:

7) Trackr Bravo

Sometimes you park your car in a large car park and you might just forget exactly where you did. This little gadget will save you from embarrassment and the bus home by taking you straight to it. One note of warning, don't use it on your pets:

Come home soon Woofington Steel.

Here's the link to buy:

6) TopMate Bluetooth receiver

If your car doesn't have bluetooth connectivity, this little baby will sort it out for you and it is cheap as chips.

Here is the link to buy:

5) Handpresso Auto

I NEED A CAWFEE NOW! When you find yourself in the countryside at 6am in order to get the most beautiful shots of your car with a sunrise, you're going to need perking up. There's no coffee shops on this mountain so you are going to have to fend for yourself. The brilliantly named Handpresso will give you that much needed quick espresso out of this little tube. Sorted.

Here is the link to buy:

4) Garmin Dash Cam 55 Camera

If you live in a built up city with a lot of road users, chances are there are going to be a lot of crap drivers. Save yourself potentially having a big insurance claim against you by recording the whole thing on your new dash cam. This way, the bloke in the BMW 3-series who cut you off and scraped your bumper will have no excuses.

Here is the link to buy:

3) DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter

If your car looks much better from a distance, like mine, then you should get this ridiculously cool drone. Even if you have a very quick car, like my Fiat Panda 100HP, then this DJI Mavic 2 will be able to keep up with ActiveTrack 2.0. It isn't cheap, but can you put a price on a swooping shot of your pride and joy? No… no you can't.

Here is the link to buy:

2) GoPro HERO7 Black

This little piece of magic is the perfect camera to record all of your best in-car and out of car footage as it can take a hell of a beating. You can now live stream straight from this GoPro too, so if you crash your Skyline into a wall, the whole world will be watching… so be careful. Here is GoPro's promo vid which does a much better job of selling this bad bay than I can:

Here is the link to buy:

1) Tesla phone charger

This may not please all the hardcore car enthusiasts, but the growing number of Tesla fans around the world will love it. The classic Tesla car charger you see at the services has been miniaturised into this cool as hell phone charger.

Link to buy here:

Of course this will be charging your phone that has its very own DriveTribe phone case right? Right.

Join In

Comments (13)

  • BTW I want that Drive tribe phone case now! 🙂

      2 years ago
  • I'm sure you've seen this here...but THIS is what Tesla's chargers actually are...

      2 years ago
  • Get a FM transmitter like xiaomi roidmi. It uses Bluetooth to communicate with your phone and can act as a 2A charger 🙂

      2 years ago
  • Having finally got a phone with wireless charging, I really, really want one of those chargers. But also a Mavic. and a GoPro, even though the most extreme thing I'll do with it is wander the Surrey hills being out of breath.

      2 years ago
    • That new GoPro does look sick. I'd always be scared I'd accidentally live stream something I didn't mean to…

        2 years ago
  • Nothing of the above...but 20 more The Grand Tour seasons

      2 years ago